On Page SEO Techniques
In my last post, I gave an overview of “What is Digital Marketing?” and what it actually deals with. So now you got a basic idea of what is Digital marketing and the different fields involved in it.So in today’s post, we will learn On Page Optimization and it’s role in making the website to rank on the first page in search engines.
As we know to optimize a website or a Blog there are two factors which play the role :
2. Off-Page Optimization
What is On-Page Optimization?
On-Page Seo-This entirely related to content. You have to optimize the content of your blog post by focussing on the focused keyword of your post. It also includes writing a good quality content, your post should have minimum 300 words, proper headings.
Many people get confused between On-Page SEO and On-site SEO. So let me make it clear for you :
On-Site SEO is the optimization of the complete website and On-Page SEO is the optimization of a single blog post.
We generally hear that Customer is the King but in SEO we say Content is the King. If you have a good content, success can come late but it will come for sure by choosing right keywords and by better SEO.
Now let’s learn what are the key points which you should keep in mind while doing On-Page optimization :
- Title of your Blog post – This is a very important point. The Title of your Blog Post should be very catchy so that viewers get attracted by your title which in result they will enter in your blog post.You should generate curiosity by your title. Please make sure your focused keyword is used in the title and maintain the range of 60-65 characters in your title.It is because Google won’t display your title fully if it has more characters than the specified range.
- Heading tags– Always use H1 tag for the main heading and for subheadings use H2 tag which highlights the headings and shows its importance.
Meta Description– A meta description is like a summary of your page content. A meta description should range from 170-320 characters. For mobile 170 characters is best and for laptops/Desktops 320. You should include your focused keyword in meta description too. The highlighted part is meta description.
- Keyword Density – The keyword density should be between the range 1-3 % along with LSI keywords.LSI keywords are the semantically similar keywords pertaining to your focused keyword. The keywords should not be overstuffed in your blog posts which would make search engines to rank your website or blog post low.
- Images– This is also a very important point in ranking and bringing traffic to your website. You should put Image title and ALT tags to your images. Alt tags are the keyword which you should highlight before posting.6.
- Quality content – The content which you post should be original but not copied. Readers prefer a simple language which makes understanding easy. Content is all about communication, so always try to write in the easy language. Make sure the content is providing some value to your readers. Informative blog posts always attract traffic.
- Word Count– As I have mentioned earlier, your post should have minimum 300 words to be ranked high and attract traffic.
- Internal links– Interlinking your own post links is called internal links. It helps in readers to spend more time on your website/Blog.
- . External Links– It is an act of linking external websites to your website/Blog post. If you want to give additional information on a certain word or phrase you use external links.
- Permalink– Make sure you use your focused keyword in your permalink.http://www.digitalmarketingn.com/digital-marketing/what-digital-marketing-is-all-about/
The Highlighted part is called the permalink.
Hope it was helpful and if you have any doubts can mail me or ask in comments.