How to write Attention grabbing Titles of a Blog
The Title of your Blog post will determine your Blogs Success or Failure.If your Blog Title is not appealing or catchy no one will even click on your link.Even in newspapers if the Title/Headline is appealing or catchy then only you will read the body otherwise you will ignore it. You might think why people don’t visit my blog and scratch your head as to How to solve this issue. Sometimes you might have witnessed that some Blog posts with the same niche as yours are getting more views, shares, and likes than yours. It is because your Title is not capable of attracting readers towards itself. Many Bloggers don’t pay much attention to the naming of title, as a result, they get losing viewers. In Blogging field if one Blog post becomes viral then you will become popular overnight. But to succeed that you need to work on creating unique and catchy Titles for your Blog posts.
DAVID OGILVY once said :
“On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy.When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your Dollar.”
If you are not getting enough visits and views to your blog post don’t get panicked.The solution is right there work on your Blog Title.It is obvious that no one knows what you have written on your Blog, they judge your Blog post based on the Title.Before the reader knows how rich is your content or how innovative is your design, you have to attract them with your title.
So now let us learn how to write attention-grabbing titles for a Blog.
- Focus on the Solution to the problem – The most important aspect of attracting a reader to read your blog post is what solution you are giving to his/her problem.If your Blog post is focussing on this aspect then definitely you will see a rise in your traffic.If you see the search engines most of the blogs which rank high are projecting the solutions they are giving to the problems which people are facing in different fields.
- You should use numbers in your Title – This is a very tricky thing. According to research reports, Blogs get 70% more Views and engagements on their posts by using numbers. Use odd numbers in your title which grabs more attention of the readers. Yes, it is also true we can’t add numbers to each and every Blog post title. You should add numbers only when you are giving any list, Step by Step guides. Don’t use numbers unnecessarily which will give a negative impression.
- Use emotional Triggers in your Title -By using emotional triggers you can grab the good attention of the people. Let’s check out the list of emotional triggers.
- By using 3W 1H formula (Why What, When and How) – These trigger words are very effective in grabbing the attention of people. These words give a sense of persuasive feeling and also curiosity factor increases. More the curiosity your Title generate more views tends to come.
- Use tools to check your headlines– Tools make our life easy. There is a tool called CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer which you can use. This tool rates your Title based on certain criteria. It will give you a score by giving you an insight as to how much the particular title can appeal the people.
How to write attention-grabbing titles for a Blog
This is how you can make your Blog posts appealing.Make sure whatever you are mentioning in your title should also deliver that in your Blog posts body. If your Title and the body of the blog is different then the readers might not like that.To ensure what you write on your title you deliver it in your body.
If you feel you liked the post please share.