How to use StumbleUpon and Increase traffic with it
Everybody uses Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin to get traffic to their blog but what about Stumbleupon?StumbleUpon is one of the best platforms to generate traffic to your Blog. I found StumbleUpon very different from other Social bookmarking sites like Reddit, Digg. If you apply good strategy then StumbleUpon can give you more traffic than those top Social Media sites and Social Bookmarking sites.
In StumbleUpon when a user adds a particular page, it automatically places the particular page in StumbleUpon’s lineup. So if users are searching for a content related to your topic then your page will be displayed to them. So in this way, you will get traffic to your blog. Imagine there are Millions of users who are using StumbleUpon, so you can guess it’s potentiality. In StumbleUpon, you can choose the topics to whom your page should be displayed.
So let us first learn how to use it.
After you have signed up StumbleUpon the first thing you should do is, selecting your Interests. This enables you to target your audience and only those users who have selected the same interest of yours will be able to view your posts.
How to use StumbleUpon and add pages of your websites to StumbleUpon.
- Go to your profile, click the Drop down arrow and click on my profile.
- There will be an option called Add Page. Click on it.
- After clicking add page you will get a dialogue box where you have to fill your details. Your URL, select safe for work, your interest, and tags.
- Then save.
So let us learn what are the 4 ways to increase your traffic with StumbleUpon
- Content– Know which type of content to be used in Stumbleupon to get traffic to your blog. If you use Tutorials on any topic, Informational Videos, Eye catchy Infographics, and Lists then there are higher chances you could get good traffic to your blog.
- Post in a right category – This plays a vital role. If the category chosen by you is popular and followed by many people, then it will get you good traffic to your blog.
- Customize your pages into lists – You can make a better segmentation of your pages for the users to visit. This will definitely bring genuine traffic to your blog posts.
- Stumbleupon Widgets– Use StumbleUpon widgets which will help you to reach people out of your network and can bring traffic from them.StumbleUpon widgets help you in showcasing your popular and latest submissions.
To Increase your visitors on your blog you should use StumbleUpon.
You can go through my other posts for Increasing your blog traffic.