How to submit your Blog’s sitemap to Google Search Console
Many Bloggers write amazing content but those Blogs are not seen in the search engines. Have you ever thought about it? The Bloggers put much effort and time to write amazing blog posts but due to lack of adequate information on their website /blog couldn’t compete with others.
When you create a new website your first job should be to list your website in the search engines like Google, Bing etc. This is a very important step to list your website in search engines. Bloggers who don’t list their website in search engines it would be almost impossible for their website/blogs to get displayed on search engines. Many bloggers don’t do this activity and then think why my website/Blog is not getting displayed on search engines even after so many months/years.
Many newbie Bloggers think that once they start writing, their Blog post will be displayed on search engines. First newbies should remove this notion that Website/Blogs will list in search engines automatically. You can list your websites/blogs for free without spending a penny on it. Yes, many newbies also have this wrong notion that you have to pay for getting listed in search engines but that’s not the case.
If you don’t submit your website to Google Search Console then it will not be indexed, if your website is not indexed then it can never be ranked. So submitting the sitemap to search console is very important. Google Search Console is the tool where you have to submit your sitemap. Earlier it was known as Google Webmaster Tool. Now first let us know what is a Sitemap and why it is so important for websites.
Sitemap – A Sitemap is a file where a list of all your pages on your website will be listed which let the search engine crawlers to crawl all your web pages so that it can be indexed in search engines. The creation and submitting of your sitemap becomes important because it helps and makes sure that Google knows about all your web pages, URL. Without creating and submitting the sitemap it becomes difficult for Google to crawl all of your pages and some might get omitted. That process can take too much time to crawl your web pages. By submitting the sitemap you can make your website appear on search engines.
So let us learn how to create and submit your SItemap for WordPress :
- First Install and activate the Plugin called Google XML SItemaps
- Go to the settings of the plugin make these changes
- Now click on update options. You will find your sitemap at the top.
- Type Google search console in google search and open it. Sign in with your Gmail account.
- After you log in, enter your website URL and click add property.
- After adding the property, a new screen will be opened. There you will see two tabs. Recommended method and Alternative method. Click on Alternative method.
- After clicking on Alternative Method, you will be getting options, select HTML Tag option.
- As soon as you select HTML tag a code will be appearing, copy that code.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, appearance —-> editor.
- On the right side, you will find Themes Files. Scroll down and look for Theme Header. Click on it.
- After clicking on Theme Header. Click Ctrl+ F.Search for <Head> .After searching <Head>,paste your copied code just under the <Head> option.Click update file.
- Now come to Google search console. Click on verify button. Now your website is sent for verification.
- Now you will get a new screen. On the left sidebar look for Crawl menu.click on it and you will find sitemap their.
- A new page opened where on the right side you can find Add/Test Sitemap. Now go to your WordPress dashboard into Google XML Sitemaps plugin settings. Just copy as shown in the screenshot under and paste in the ADD/Test Sitemap in Search console. Then click on Submit. Congrats your sitemap has been submitted.
- Congrats your sitemap has been submitted.
Now your sitemap has been submitted,now google bots will start crawling your web pages on your website and it will be indexed in some days.These are the steps as ” How to create and submit your Blog’s sitemap to Google Search Console”. If you have any doubts or facing problem in any of these steps feel free to ask in the comments will reply asap.