5 Best Techniques to reduce the Bounce Rate for your Blog
Each Blogger spends hours on writing, structuring and promoting their blogs. But it gets disappointing when the blogs don’t get enough views and visitors. This demotivates the Blogger and also make them stop blogging, as a result, the blog is dead. We should find a solution to the problem rather than show a white flag. Once the visitors visit your blog they are exiting in a jiffy. This shows your blog post is not appealing to the people.
We should try to analyze our blog from the reader’s point of view. Jot down the points which you believe are the reasons because of which your readers are opting to exit from your blog in seconds. Bounce rate is one of the important factors which can take your Blog post reaching the sky level or might dip down to toes.
First, let us understand What is a Bounce Rate :
The amount of time the viewers are spending on your blog and then exiting. A high Bounce Rate is considered to be a bad omen and it is considered to be bad for SEO. If the viewers are spending very less time and bouncing by exiting your blog, this gives a signal to Google and as a result, your blog will be ranked down. If the Bounce Rate is very high it means your blog post have a Low-Quality content. So your focus should be on reducing the bounce rate and make your blog post an interesting and gripping.
Let’s learn some proven techniques to reduce your Bounce rate. According to me, these are the 5 Best Techniques to reduce the Bounce Rate for your Blog:
- Easier to read – First of all, your Blog Post should be readable. Use good fonts and the font size. Don’t make the font size too small or too big which may cause irritation to the reader. The best font size recommended is 12. Never use eye-hurting colors which will definitely make the users exit your blog within seconds. You also might have observed in some blogs the colors which they put are so irritating to the eyes which kills your interest.
- Simplified language – This is also one of the vital factors which make your viewers exit your blog post within seconds. You should always use simplified and easy language. If your blog forces a viewer to refer a dictionary too frequently then it’s a bad sign. You should understand one thing that people refer to blogs to find solutions to their problems rather inviting more problems. Simplified and easy language will definitely make the content look good and viewers will stick to your blog for more time.
- Attractive Images – According to HubSpot Reports people willing to read a content which has visuals increases by 80%.By using Quality images, Screenshots you can definitely reduce the Bounce rate for your blogs.
- Use Internal and External Links in your Blog – Providing additional value to your viewers is always a good idea. People tend to like additional and in-depth information on topics. You can do this by adding Internal links to your blog posts and also credible, popular links. These internal and external links would make your reader spend more time on your blog.
- Attractive Titles – Attractive titles also help in reducing your bounce rate. Viewers visit your blog by reading the Blog titles depending on the relevance of their interests. Once they land on your page they start reading your post by keeping the title in their mind. So the body of your blog should relate to your content. I have written a Blog Post on How to write attention-grabbing blog titles, you may refer that.
So by using these techniques, you will definitely see the difference in your Bounce Rate.