4 ways to make your Blog Posts SEO friendly
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the best way to attract Organic Traffic to your website. If your SEO is good for the Blog posts you will gain good traffic. But if you optimize your Blog post in a wrong manner then there is a possibility of even losing the existing traffic. If you don’t have SEO friendly Blog Posts then by default you are already out of the competition. Ranking your blog posts in Search engines will remain a dream if you don’t have SEO friendly Blog posts.
SEO is little tricky and by understanding people behavior you can excel in this. I have observed people find little difficulty in making their Blog posts SEO optimized. The people who don’t have much information on SEO their Blogs left behind and couldn’t able to compete with others. So today in this post you will learn about the 4 ways to make your Blog Posts SEO friendly.
- Submitting your website on Search engines-There are many Bloggers who write good content but their Blog is not SEO friendly as they have less or no knowledge of SEO. Because of this reason even after writing amazing blog posts their posts don’t rank on Search engines. After you create your Blog /Website the first thing which you have to do is submitting your website/Blog to Search Engines. When you submit your website/blog to search engines like google, bing etc they will verify your website. This will help your Blog posts to get indexed at a quick pace and reflect on google pages/other search engine pages. To submit your website/blog to google follow these easy steps.
- First, go to Search Console ( Google Webmaster tool)
- There you will find a button called Add property. Click on it.
- After clicking you will get an option to paste your website URL. Copy and Paste your website URL there.
- Then click on continue
- A new screen will be opened there will be two options, Recommended method, and Alternative method. Choose Alternative method.
- After choosing Alternative methods you will find 4 options.S elect the option called HTML tag.
- Now you will see a code appearing on your screen.
- Now copy and paste the code in your website between <Head> and </Head> .(If you are using wordpress.Then go to appearance—Editor—Theme Header(Header.php) —-Paste the code between <head> and </Head).
- After pasting update file
- Now go to search console and click on verify.Y our website is submitted to Google search engine.
- Keyword – This is the most important factor in SEO which can make your blog rank high. After deciding on which topic to write you should select a Keyword for your Blog post. You should select your keyword very smartly. You can use Keyword Planner tool to get different keyword suggestions related to your topic and use them in your blog post. These keywords you try to add in your Blog title, in your body of the blog and in Meta description to make your blog post SEO friendly. Try to keep your keyword density within 1-2% in your blog post which is preferable. (Keyword density is nothing but the number of times you are using your keyword which is measured in percentage) . If you use your keyword too often in your blog post then it will be tagged as keyword stuffing and it will give negative signals to Google and other search engines.
3. Have a unique content – Unique content in the sense never copy word to word from other websites. Google and other search engines are smart enough to catch hold the copied blog posts which will result in the low ranking of your blog post and it will impact your traffic. You can refer to famous and popular blog posts of other authors and try to articulate in your own words and adding your point of views in it. People like when you give your point of view on a certain subject. If you write the same old stuff which other blog posts have your content won’t be unique. Try to figure out what are the topics which people are searching for and fewer solutions are provided on the web. There you go, write a blog post on that topic and make your content unique.
- Internal and external Links – Try to add Internal links of your other related Blog posts. Internal links help in redirecting the reader to another blog post on your blog which is suitable for SEO. Adding external links to your blog posts also help in your Blog posts SEO.
I have written a Blog post on Off page SEO, you can get an overview of what off page SEO is.
So do use these 4 ways to make your Blog Posts SEO friendly.